Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sew Day Up-date~

I sewed all morning, then had to run out and didn't make it home until late. But I got some good sewing in while I could! :-)

First I finished making more blocks because I stopped last month with the idea that I wanted it bigger~
Then I got all the horizontal rows together, and 3 of the vertical rows. I was thinking that next time (yes, there will probably be another~ this is such a good scrap user pattern) I would put 4 blocks together and then join rows... I think there would be a little less futzing. ;-) I'm happy~ and next month I can get the rest of the rows sewn... I don't have any border fabric picked out yet, so slow progress is good. ;-) I am also thinking about adding one more row to the bottom.. if I do that, I might not even need borders. :-)
If you are stopping by for the first time~ welcome! You can find this free pattern on-line at Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville. It's called Bricks and Stepping Stones. I am growing it though.

How was your day? I hope it was fun!

Until next time~
Happy stitchin'!

8 comments:

Diane said...

love the quilt the black patches just dance on it.

Darlene said...

It's really looking fabulous!

Needled Mom said...

I have really enjoyed this quilt. The black and white squares are such a soothing rest for the eyes and make it all pop.

Nanette Merrill said...

I really love the black in it.

Myra said...

This is me, cheering you on! 8-)

My friend just happened to be binding her's quilt like this at Wonky Bits today...

*karendianne. said...

HEY! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just kinda got me distracted but I've put on my magnetized boots so I don't get up and get lost in this one. Ohhhh but gee I feel a big huge whine coming on. You know, the one that goes "oh but cant we just mess around with maybe starting this one?" I guess that's my whiney quilter. Sorry to say I have one of those, too!

AnnieO said...

I love that bricks and stepping stones pattern. Bonnie's brain is amazing. Your color combos are warm and cozy. Wonderful work!

bingo~bonnie said...

wow you're really truckin right along on those bricks and stepping stones. I knew the Thimbleberries would look great - and I love that you are doing them "Bonnie Style" with the mix of different whites & Blacks. ;)

You know I'm hosting a all scrappy 4-patch - and seeing this quilt looking so fabulous is making me want to offer a sub-swap in addition to scrappy 4 patches...in my next round.. in October.. I may show a photo of your quilt and see if anyone would want to swap mixed B/W 4 patches like you've used here. ;)

Love it! BTW - did you see on my blog that I'm doing my homework...?

OH - and guess what!?! I did find out that David DID order me a copy of EQ7!!! Eeek! of course I'll have to wait until the end of July to open and use it... it's a Birthday gift... I don't mind the wait :) I'm excited!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...