They have been chain-stitched....

The fabric is soft from many washings. When I took out the stitching, it measures 34 inches from selvage to selvage, and is just a little bit more than a yard in length... did I find feed sack fabric???

I tried doing some searching, but most feedsacks I find are floral. I know they also made geometric patterns and border prints, but I would feel better if someone knew a little more they could share with me. :-)
Anyone know??
Thanks!
3 comments:
How perfect!!!!! I don't know if it is feedsack ot not, but it is great fabric.
Hi. Feedsacks are quite loosely woven. Almost like a homespun. I've never seen that pattern in a feedsack before. But that doesn't mean it isn't one. Feedsacks (if it isn't cut off) will have a tell tale series of tiny holes where the casing was made for the string in the top. But that is only if the feedsack is whole. It is lovely no matter what though!
Great finds - very yummy! Can't wait to see what you make!
Post a Comment