I used a panto called 'Feather Me' by Meredith England. I didn't always get the roll quite perfect, but I think I got it close enough that only someone who knows the panto will see my little blips. The machine had, at one time, had strong velcro on the roller bars~ even though it has a motor for rolling. Well somewhere along the line, the super duty velcro came off and left a sticky residue and that residue put a death grip on the bars when it was time to roll~ yikes! It was very hard to get it to stop in the right spot! :-/ I am sure learning a lot by renting. ;-) This (above) is the back, and the other photo is of a part of the border. Sorry my lighting isn't very good~ it was raining when I took the shots at 6:30 this morning, so still kind of dark. ;-)
I had a little time left, so I quickly put on a length of backing and got 2 Schnibbles quilted too! :-) I'll show y'all better photo's of those when I get them bound... that may take a while. ;-) We are in major down-sizing mode for our next move. And house-hunting. Busy times! :-)
Until next time~Happy stitchin'!!
12 comments:
Renting a APQS: brilliant!
I love the panto you chose-its gorgeous!
Great quilting pattern on your Mom's quilt. I look forward to seeing the front of it!
Two Schibbles ready for binding, good for you!!! You are on a roll girl! 8-)
You are house hunting!?! I love house hunting! Good luck with that and all that comes with it!
Happy stitchings!
It looks great to me. I surely wish they had a place to rent a machine near me. I would love to own one, but do not want to invest that sort of money before playing around with some of my work.
You are smart to go and rent one...you did a great job!!
You are fortunate to have access to rent one...looks great!!
oooh, I like the feathers! And the Schnibbles are cute, too! Happy house-hunting... ugh, moving! ...Karen
Love the quilting, so pretty and your schnibbles are gorgeous!!
Renting time with the long arm machine is an awesome idea. You did a fabulous job - three beauties.
Gosh this is cool, isn't it? I mean to rent is awesome. I didn't know you could do that. How pretty the quilting. Gosh, it makes me go all "ahhh" with my voice, which trrrust me is the perfect compliment at this time in the morning. Way better than the usual crazy "Holy cow" kinda mode I get into around your place. I'm containing myself with your schnibbles.
Just went and took a second look at that quilting on your quilt friend and boyyy, I'm in love with it. It's so pretty and comfy.
looks G R E A T !!!! Can't wait to get it and get the binding on for our guild quilt show in July.
What lovely quilting - I bet you had a blast! And, it's great that you got a couple of your Schnibbles in too! Hope the house hunting is going well for you guys!
bummer about your LQS taking down their rental longarm :( that stinks!
I la,la,love that red/white picnic basket!!! ;)
good luck with the house hunting - hope you will share some photos with us here on the blog of your hunting.... I found it very helpful to take LOTS of photos when we were looking to buy. Even took photos of the street sign names and front of the house so that when we went back to the hotel each night we could review and know them from one another.... helped a lot! b/c after looking at a dozen or more you forget a lot...
Love from Texas! ~bonnie
Post a Comment