My brain is a little backward... LOL. I am generally left-handed, which means I am right-brained. But I've trained myself to do a lot of things right handed... and I read patterns and follow directions with my left-brain (the right-handed way). But sometimes! Oh sometimes I confuse myself!! I was working on my Fig Tree Club Project for this quarter, which is a fun table topper.. using~ diamonds! :-) I've had a lot of diamonds in my sewing lately, but the vintage sheet top I made up as I went along~ no directions to follow. This time, I thought I'd follow the directions *grin* but my right-brain jumped in to confuse me!! :-o I cut all my angles the opposite way! Makes no difference in the finished topper, but it sure threw me for a loop this morning! Trying to marry the photo with my cutting and thinking I'd really messed up this time! Nope I didn't~ I'm just a little backward. :-)) LOL Fits me. Oh~ notice the striped sheet? It really helped when lining up the diamonds. Try it if you are working on a diamond project. ;-)

I also did a little PhotoShop playing~ I like looking at my things in greyscale before I start sewing, just to make sure I like my layout. :-) Looks good to me~ I'm off to sew!

Hope you are having a great day!
Take some time to play!! ;-)
11 comments:
Those diamonds are tricky. I made a diamond quilt last year. I love it though, but it was time consuming.
LOL! Looks good!
Looks good. I saw that pattern the other day in a shop and thought it was really cute. It's hard to pass up a good diamond pattern!
Lovely diamonds! I have never tried a diamond pattern!
Hey, whatever works for you! My sister is left-handed, but does just about everything right-handed, I think because that is the main way things are taught...
;-) So glad you are "testing" all these patterns for me! I like it, and very pretty Fig Tree fabrics, too.
And thanks for the tip about the striped sheet.
Oh, don't you just hate it when you do that?! You are going along thinkin everything is fine and then you leave, come back later and you can't figure out what you did because it wasn't what you thought and is wasn't what the directions said! Yea, been there done that!
HELP - PLEASE...
I have no right or left brain......all I know is that hubby tells me I'm "brainless" more often than not......LOL
I would never have noticed -- it looks great from here! :)
Looks good to me too. Nice fabric too.
Looking great S! It will be simply awesome when you are done! 8-)
Happy stitchings!
I have never tried a diamond pattern!
post free classified ads
Post a Comment