Monday, March 22, 2010

What's on Your Design Wall?

Monday's design wall has my first 2 blocks on my Dear Jane journey. :-) I am tagging along with Angela as she works on 2 sets of blocks. This week's blocks are K-9 Scouts Honor and J-8 Anna's Anchor. The teeny applique almost had me running in the opposite direction, but I stuck with it and am pretty happy with the block, I'll just have to be careful when sewing the quilt together~ but I have a few years before that point! LOL :-) I'm using my CW stash and instead of a dedicated background fabric, just using the lights in my collection. ;-) I am little behind~ already! :-o~ I have 2 more blocks to work on this week. Ever thought about starting a DJ? Have the book or CD but haven't jumped in yet? C'mon and join us! :-)
And just for fun, I added my little purses to the photo. The tutorial can be found on Quiltsalott's blog. They were fun and easy!~ even the hand sewing! ;-) DD is already counting on the green zippered one to go back to school with her. LOL ;-)

What are you working on? For lots of inspiration check out Judy L's blog where she has a list of quilter's all over blogland and what they are working on. :-)

Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!

11 comments:

Karen said...

You have a long journey ahead on DJ but I think you will enjoy the ride.

Quilt Monkey said...

DJ is challenging, but very much worth it! I am working on mine very slowly, but each finish is very satisfying. I'll check back to see your progress!

Cindy said...

Your design wall looks more fun than mine...cause I don't have one.

How about a design counter? Will that work? LOL

Thelma said...

Congratulations on completing your first two Dear Jane blocks, they're lovely! I'll be eager to watch your progress!

Angela said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I am so glad you are doing these with me! (I am starting mine this afternoon!) The applique has me a bit squeamish too, but we will get thru it, right... :o) Fantastic job!
Love the little purses, too!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the DJ quilt. It's an adventure. I've done about 70ish blocks so far. I keep picking it up and putting it away. It's fun.

Sara said...

The Dear Jane blocks are so cute. That is a project on my "someday" list.

I'm working on the handwork for a couple of bindings - one small and one large project. And I'm doing 2 more appliqued flip flop blocks for my daughter's wedding.

Barb said...

I love making those cosmetic bags....

Janet said...

DJ is a big adventure, are you hand piecing? I think I prefer the mixed up lights rather than one fabric. Fabulous purses! I love the pretty fabric, you did a great job of them.

bingo~bonnie said...

So you've dove into the Dear Jane Ocean have you?? ;) What beautiful blocks for your first two. What a fun adventure and that you can share your progress along the way here on your blog.

That's neat that you and Angela are doing it together - I hope you also get many more to work along on this with you - seems like last year or so there was a DJ group on the HGTV board that posted to a thread every so often.... are they done by now?

I don't have the book - nor enough confidence that I could do everything that the blocks call for... so for now I'll just admire yours ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love those blocks (and your cute bags)! I have the Dear Jane book - but am a bit scared to even try it! Very tempting though!!

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...