Monday, March 1, 2010

Design Wall Monday~

Today's design wall is my large ironing board. I pulled it out to press the rows for the Vintage Sheet quilt, so thought I'd just pin up my BOM blocks. :-)

I am helping with this BOM on the HGTV quilter's message board. We are using traditional star blocks and then also making a 4 inch mini version. My job is to figure out the cutting sizes for the mini and make one. :-o (what did I get myself into?!!?) Pictured are the January, February, & March blocks. For the March mini I didn't think too many would want to try it, so I made 3 versions. There are 65 pieces in this block! :-o Now you know why I am called 'crazy'! LOL :-))

To see more great design walls visit Judy L's Patchwork Times blog. You will be inspired! :-)

Until next time~
Happy stitchin'!!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you're having fun. :-)

Sinta Renee said...

I love the blocks and the small versions are so cool too. But yikes... that would be to hard for me to figure out... glad you are doing it! 65 pieces... seriously?

Diane said...

that's a lot of little pieces--you go! and they all look great!

Angela said...

Those blocks are beautiful, and I really love the small ones, too! The paisley fabric is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I like the minis but it's a LOT of work!

ranette said...

I like the large blocks, but the baby blocks make my heart go pitter patter....so darn cute!

Brenda said...

only 65??? What! Are you being easy on yourself this month??? What's up with that????

Bridget B said...

OH, groan-65 pieces. was it fun putting together????

Cindy said...

Oh my word, that's a heck of alot of pieces for ONE block. I think I'll leave that ALL up to you..LOL

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...