Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday Already!

This week is just flying for me! Do you feel the same way? I did manage to accomplish a few things and have high hopes to get more sewing time today. :-)

This is the first block in the Jelly Roll Quilt Along at Moose on the Porch Quilts. Since I couldn't find a Jelly Roll that wasn't fuzzy and falling apart on my outing last week, I decided to cut into my CW stash. ;-) Maybe it was a good thing those Jelly Rolls were in such bad shape~ LOL :-)

And during the Olympics, I stitched. :-) Here are two of the blocks in the Nice People, Nice Things pattern set by Helen at Hugs 'n Kisses. hmmm~ the link won't show up. Guess you will have to copy and paste it in your browser. ~ http://www.hugsnkisses.typepad.com/ I don't know why blogger doesn't like the link. :-/ I love the little blocks! ;-) I'm not sure if I am going to make all the blocks for the quilt~ I'm having fun just choosing favorites now. ;-)

That's all from me~
Hope you have a great day and until next time~
Happy Stitching!! :-)

15 comments:

Barb said...

Love your block and your stitching...so cute!!

Angela said...

Hhhmmm! I really love your *Nice People Nice Things* blocks - oh, no, not another thing for the to-do list... :o)))

Cindy said...

So we'll be doing the Jelly Roll quilt along together.

You have chosen such nice fabrics.

Thelma said...

Wow, your embroidery is amazing! I'm thinking of giving it a try after a 30 year break.....I hope my skills have improved!

I like your first block for the jellyroll quilt along. i've run across several folks who are participating. I will enjoy watching everyone's progress.

bingo~bonnie said...

you sure are the productive one this year! ;) I love poppin in to see what you've stared or working on!

oooough I had almost forgotten about those Nice People, Nice Things blocks - I found them last year on a blog and at one time there was a blog dedicated to a stitch along but had gone inactive. I wonder if the blocks are still available for free?

BE SuRE and SHARE your photo of them on the new redwork stitchery thread I started today over on HGTV boards ;) k?

Keep on keepin on girlfriend!!!
Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Darlene said...

Love your Jelly Roll block - great idea to use your Civil War prints.

I have the NPNT patterns and have yet to stitch one. LOL You may have inspired me to pull them out - they just look like fun to stitch.

em's scrapbag said...

Your block is beautiful. And I love your stitchery.

Needled Mom said...

Both are delightful!

Screaming Meme said...

You r quite the quilter...:) I always wanted to learn! I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...It is so nice to meet you! If you get a chance, stop in and say Hello! Meme

*karendianne. said...

Holy Cow Look At That Block!!! The stitchery is cute, too but you can see what happened to me here when I first arrived. Wowie Zowie.

Melissa Miller said...

It is flying by this week! Hurry up Spring! The quilt is beautiful.

Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Cheryl said...

I totally agree with you..how can it be Thursday already!!! Love your projects!

Dresden Quilter said...

I love your block and the stitching is so sweet.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Pretty block! And, I love your NPNT's blocks - aren't they just so FUN! Way to sew Sandie!

Samantha said...

I just love that little house, Helen's designs are always so cute! You did a very nice job on it.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...