Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sewing Sundresses~

Yes, while DD was home for Spring Break she bartered her way into me sewing 2 sundresses for her! LOL I think I got the short end of that straw! ;-) Lucky for me, it was pretty simple sewing, especially since I hadn't sewn any clothes in ages! :-o Both are backless ~that's why they seem to hang below the hangers funny. The zippers were a little bit of a pain, but not too bad. ;-) I was sewing the last hook & eye on as she was headed out the door. LOL :-) The one has a bubble ruffle at the bottom~ it is really cute on her, sorry I can't show you that photo. I just have the tote to finish up now, but that is going to take me a little while as DS is on Spring Break this week! no rest for me! LOL :-)And yesterday's mail brought this wonderful giveaway win from Trish at All Things Crafty. Remember when I had such a hard time finding a Jelly Roll to use for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along? Now I have 2! I am just giddy with excitement! I don't know which to use first~ or for what?! ;-) Thank you so much Trish!!

6 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I love both of the dresses - that is so nice that you can sew clothes. I bet your daughter is happy! Congrats on your win - enjoy those goodies!

Michelle said...

What pretty dresses! I like your jelly rolls...can't wait to see what you make.

Monica said...

WOW...what a great prize to win! I love jelly rolls. They're great for when you want to make something quilt and easy.

P.S. Love the dresses!

Cindy said...

Great sundresses, Sandie.
So fun being able to sew for our kids......atleast our daughters.

WooHoo - TWO jelly rolls. Now to think what to do, what to do.

deb said...

omg those sundresses are to die for, love them!!!! DD is very lucky!!!!!!!!
congrats on the jellyrolls too!!!

Bridget B said...

DD will look great in those dresses. Hope it warms up soon there so she can wear them.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...