Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Block Gone Awry!

Yep, that A-1 'Pinwheel Gone Awry'~ went! :-) I didn't print out the diagram the first time, and that is why the top block is wrong! :-o Rather than rip, I just re-did it. I wasn't very happy with the contrast the first time around, so re-doing was in the plan anyway. ;-) These little Dear Jane blocks are very addictive! :-)


I love using Triangulations for those tiny HST's!

And while the CW fabrics were out, I did block 2 of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along (see side bar link).
A good morning's work! :-)
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!

8 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

Triangulations would have to be a MUST for pieces that small ;)

I really like the blues together for both dark and light ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Needled Mom said...

Both blocks look great. Trianulations???? I am going to have to check that out.

Cindy said...

I have Triangulations and haven't used it yet - okay - so I have yet another gadget "I had to have" and NOW might find reason to use it..LOL

Aren't you having fun doing the Jelly Roll Quilt Along - fast, easy and a no-brainer........atleast so far...LOL

Karen said...

I do like the contrast better in the second block.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Such pretty blocks! Sometimes I prefer to pitch stuff - cuz I just hate to hang out with my seam ripper (smile)!

Angela said...

Well lookie there! GREAT JOB on your Pinwheel Gone Awry block! Woo hoo! :o)

Myra said...

Yup! Your contrast is much better in your second block! Sometimes that is the only way we see what does and does not work together... 8-)

Your JRSQA block looks great! 8-)

Dawn-Marie said...

Hmmm I actually like both blocks. Maybe you just made a new quilt block.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...