First I got my 3 blocks together for 'Piece & Goodwill' (Nov/Dec issue of Quiltmaker magazine) that Shannon and I are working on. It was a lot harder than I thought because you need 8 light greens/block! :-o And for some reason, my stash is very light on light greens. :-) A few friends have volunteered to help me out with some scraps, so I will work more on these next month. ;-)

Then I moved to my Fig Tree Club 'Cobble Stones' kit. I decided I wanted to save all those little HST's on the corners, so it is taking me 3 times longer than it would if I would just follow the directions. :-) I'm sewing extra seams, so when I cut them off, I'll have lots of fun little HST's. :-) I'm thinking a mini in the making. :-) But it is slow-going right now. Last night I drew lines to follow thinking that might speed up sewing on them. ;-) I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Now hop over to Judy L's little Mr Linky and be inspired by the works of quilters all over blogland! :-)
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!
8 comments:
I love the 3 blocks, thank heavens for friends.
I admire that you are taking time to make those extra half square triangles. I can't get motivated to do that.
Oh I love your 3 blocks there! Very pretty... hmmmm...? Another project for me? Grrrr... trying to avoid now projects, we'll see if I can resist!!! lol! 8-)
Your extra work for those small HST will be worth it in the end... Good for you! 8-)
Off to Judy's... 8-)
Love those three blocks you have made. I am partial to festive holiday looking quilts. Can't wait to see it finished.
love the three green/red blocks, can't wait to see it completed.
Beth in Dallas
Looks like a productive sewing time. And the blocks look great! For me - the red goes from down left to upper right - perfect!!!
The blocks are gorgeous and the cobblestone is a beautiful pattern. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Loving your blocks--and way to go on getting your Cobblestone Quilt started! It's so cute!
Post a Comment