
Do you love Thimbleberries fabrics? patterns? Have some projects that need finishing? Or something you haven't started but want to work on? ;-) Barb of Bejeweled Quilts By Barb & I discovered we are both Thimbleberries fans and after some fast and furious emails (mostly furious on my part~ I am so excited! :-o LOL), we are going to have Thimbleberries Sew Days! Whoohoo! :-)
We have decided to launch our fun on next Wednesday, January 27th. And we are going to designate the last Wednesday of every month for working on our Thimbleberries projects. :-) Won't you join us? Just pull out one of your projects and tell us, on your blog, what you will be working on. Leave either of us a comment on our announcement post (Barb will be making her announcement soon too) , so we know to come and see ya. ;-) There are no quilt police~ it does not have to be a 100% Thimbleberries project, as long as you are using either a Thimbleberries pattern, or Thimbleberries fabrics, you are fine. :-) If you absolutely can't sew on Wednesday, tell us what you have to work on, give us up-dates and you will still be part of the fun. ;-) Our goal is to do some of our projects and have some fun along the way.
~~For the fine print~ neither of us work for the Thimbleberries company. Our fun is totally independent of the actual Thimbleberries company. We don't represent them in any way. I have emailed Lynette Jensen and she knows what our Sew Days are all about. We just want to have some fun and get some projects finished up. ~~ ;-)
Oh and one last little note~ my first project is going to involve using Thimbleberries fabric to make something I am then going to giveaway to a participant in our first Sew Day.. :-) I guess you will have to stay tuned for that! :-)))
4 comments:
A tempting idea... While I don't collect Thimbleberries fabric, I do have a Thimbleberries book I borrowed from a friend. I just might have to join in so I can the quilt completed and the book back to my friend.
I love this that you're organizing - 2010 may not be a hosting year - but coordinating year of sew-a-longs instead! ;)
and although I love the look of what I've seen made using "Thimbleberries" I can't say that I have any of it in my stash..... actually I think you were the first person to tell me of them back a few years ago when you won my FQ Bingo and said that you liked that style... and I had to write back and ask for more info LOL
So I'll be watching and cheering from the sidelines on this one ;) I do hope you get lots of followers/participants on this one!!
Love from Texas! ~bonnie
You are going to have fun, fun, fun.
I have no Thimbleberries - oh wait - I do believe I have a couple charm packs (if Thimbleberries calls it that, LOL)
The local quilt shops don't carry Thimbleberries. One used to and I have no idea why they don't anymore. Maybe it's a contract thingie ???
I really like Thimbleberries fabrics and have made a couple wall hangings. I have been to several of Lynette's shows and have visited her studio. There is a quilt shop below her studio. I will try to get something done (or started) by the Feb. show day.
Post a Comment