Tuesday, January 19, 2010

O's!

I am slowly making headway on Cobble Stones~ whoohoo! I am having as much fun with the cut off HST's though~ This is a shot of trimming them up. I am lucky, I can use my rotary cutter in either hand. So I lined up a bunch of them and trimmed both sides. Look at that pile of 'match sticks'! Trimming all those HST's took a while. ;-)) Do you see the orange line on my ruler? I love this stuff! It is like tape, but with nothing sticky on it. The little dispenser with the different colors was given to me by a friend. I use it to mark the line on my ruler so I don't have to look at the measurements every time. I also use it on my sewing table when I am sewing down the centers of squares~ no marking, and it peels right off. It's just plastic. :-)


This is the pile of 'O' blocks and all the HST's ready to be sewn into pinwheels. I have a few O's left to make. I pressed until my iron ran out of water and then sewed. :-) Yes, I press with steam~ but I 'press', no ironing, pushing, sliding etc. I don't distort any seams and I like the little bit of steam. ;-) It works for me. :-)

Hope you are finding time to sew today too!
I'm going to go fill my iron and press these blocks and the few left to sew.
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! Glad you're having fun with your TEENY TINY litte HST! I use water in my iron too. Always. I'm really careful too but I love steam!!

Karen said...

O, I see! LOL!

Barb said...

No one likes a bragger!!! HA!!! that two handed stuff>>>>

Love what you are doing and you certainly are getting alot done!!

Angela said...

LOVE those fabrics! Cant wait to see more progress! :o)

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...