Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my last post~ I would love to show you the snuggies~ blanket with sleeves~ I made. Yup, both are finished already! But my DS doesn't want his photo on my blog, so I fixed it a little~ LOL. ;-) Here are my clowns! :-)) Both not only have sleeves, but a big pocket in the front and a huge inside pocket at the bottom for their feet! You know how, when you cover up with a blanket, your feet get uncovered? Well theirs won't! LOL

I have been doing a lot of thinking for my goals for January~ you know there are need to do things (commitments I've made), want to do things (because they would be so fun and wouldn't it be wonderful to make all the great projects we see?!), and "necessary evils"~ lots of things fall into that one but just a few are laundry, bill paying, cooking... although I like to cook, so usually I don't mind that one. And my biggest "necessary evil" is cleaning up my 'disaster area'~ the sewing space. Let's face it, quilting is not a neat hobby. There is fabric, batting, scraps, threads etc. My goal list for January is going to be one thing from each list. :-)
1. I need to finish up the 12 blocks in Christmas fabrics that my friend and I decided last year to exchange for Christmas. Well, neither of us finished our blocks in time for Christmas, because neither of us did one each month like we planned! :-o I now have 4 done and plan to finish them all and mail them by January 11th. ~sorry no photo's until they are in her hot little hands~ ;-)
2. I want to work on my Fig Tree Club quilt called Cobble Stones. Last month I got it all cut out and part of the blocks sewn. I'd like to get them all sewn. ;-)
3. And the biggie~ the 'necessary evil' ~~ clean up my disaster! Yikes! There I said it. I have a huge disaster. No photo's because it is too embarrassing! ;-/ But it has turned into the elephant in the room, so I will work on it. Wish me luck? And if I don't post for a week, please check on me~ I might be buried in fabric! :-o
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!
12 comments:
I think your elephants brother is over here at my house! How does it get so messy so fast?? eekkk!
Great goals for January!
Hey you big chicken!!! I showed mine - common, show us yours!!! Isn't it funny how you can 'not see' what is all around you when you are in 'the zone'!!
Love the picture!! I didn't realize your kids looked so much alike!! Must be good genes!! ;-)
Have fun making up your blk - and you have good goals for this month. Can harldy wait to see the blks you've made for your friend.
Good luck with your goals for January. I like your snuggies - much better than the premade ones I'm sure. A friend bought some in the store and asked me to embroider names on them with my machine - the fabric was very flimsy. Yours sound great - esp. the feet pocket!
A few years ago (before I actually started to blog) I read about one challenge among bloggers. They had to post pictures of their "disaster" and than a post after they cleaned it up. I wish they would do it again as I would definitely find a great reason to get some cleaning and organizing done in my sewing area.
Those are great snuggies and the goals you have set also! Looking forward to seeing the results..
Happy sewing!
I am sitting here STILL laughing at the pool balls!!!!!!!!
YOU REALLY started my day off laughing!!!!
Love the snuggies- didn't realize my grandkids looked so much alike ; ) . You have a busy calendar for January- good luck.
I think your kids look like mine, maybe they're related? LOL The snuggies are a fantastic idea btw. Good luck with cleaning up your sewing room and getting those Christmas blocks done so you can play with Cobblestones :^)
Great picture!
Love the Snuggies -- and the picture is too funny! I really like the idea of the "foot pocket"! Great plans for January -- can't wait to see! And, I could use some organizational assistance -- so if you have any advice or spare time . . . (grin)! Can't wait to see your projects!
I like your 7 and 1 ball's snuggies! They will be soooooo comfortable in them! 8-)
Great goals S! My only goal right now is, to make a goals list! lol! Possibly tomorrow... unless I end up visiting my cousin... then the day after.
Could it actually happen? To be buried in fabric?!?! Hmmmmm.... A horrible situation? NO! Delightful? Possibly! 8-)
Go to it girl and good luck! 8-)
Good luck with your goals list. I always end up cleaning my quilt room more than I like. It gets so messy so fast.
Post a Comment