Monday, January 11, 2010

Design Wall Monday ~or~ In Over My Head

:-)) LOL How is that for a subject?!

Shannon started a blog to follow her as she works on her Christmas projects through out the year. She is starting with the quilt pattern 'Piece & Goodwill' from Quiltmaker Issue #130. (last Nov-Dec). Well, I have the magazine. I loved the pattern. And I have Christmas scraps! So I decided to work along with her... 3 blocks/month~ easy right?? Muahahahah :-o Not so fast! I am in over my head and don't even have my first block made! My Christmas stash falls into the medium & dark greens category. While I was supposed to be organizing my stash on Saturday, I was secretly looking for light greens for the blocks! :-o So today's design wall consists of my half of a block. ;-) Now I need to get back to organizing... (to see if I can find any more light greens!) Who knew my stash was so lacking!? LOL :-)) It's not~really! :-))

Don't forget to hop over to Judy L's to see what everyone else is working on~ ;-)

Have a great week and until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!

11 comments:

Dawn-Marie said...

I love your christmas fabrics. Will have fun watching your progress

Barb said...

I too will enjoy watching your progress.

Brenda said...

I am glad to see what this will look like. Mine is still in pieces - and I have only sewn them, have not even ironed them to see what I've done!! lol!! have fun looking for light greens......

Angela said...

What a lovely quilt that will be! I may have to mark that pattern... :o)

Quilter Kathy said...

That will be very pretty! Maybe you need to go shopping first?!?

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Looks like your blocks will be really cute! You're a girl after my own heart - I mean, how can you not get distracted when cleaning out your stash??

Samantha said...

Hmmm, how is it that we can have so much in our fabric stash, and yet not have "quite" the right fabric? Oh well, makes for a good excuse to go to the quilt shop!

Diane said...

It is amazing how you can have a healthy stash and still not the exact color/pattern/style ya need. Is this random or do fabric companies do this on purpose, hmmm? Something to ponder while shopping for some light greens. You're quilt is going to be great.

Myra said...

That's a block/quilt I would like to make one day... I will enjoy watching your progress! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Cindy said...

Okay, you're my new idol - sewing for Christmas THROUGHOUT the year - sounds like Sew Cindy if you ask me....LOL

So that stash needs stocked?

Diane Harris, Stash Bandit said...

Oh my goodness! I designed that quilt! I work for Quiltmaker magazine and I had fallen in love with some fabrics from Blank Quilting a few years back. Used them to design Piece & Goodwill. What a treat to see you making it! I tell you what: I have a HUGE stash that I'm organizing right now. What would you like? You name it, it's yours. Somewhere I even have all the leftovers from P&G. If I can find them, do you want them?
Quilty Hugs,
Diane Harris

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...