Saturday, January 30, 2010

CGQC January Finishes~

I purposely didn't give my self a lot of goals for January as I had other things I needed to work on. So lets review my goals~

1. I need to finish up the 12 blocks in Christmas fabrics that my friend and I decided last year to exchange for Christmas.

~check~ Yep, I did it! These are the blocks I sent to my friend, and below are the blocks I received. I have a plan for my blocks already. ;-)

2. I want to work on my Fig Tree Club quilt called Cobble Stones. Last month I got it all cut out and part of the blocks sewn. I'd like to get them all sewn. ;-)

~check~ Blocks are all finished and sashings are in-progress. ;-) I have played with them on the floor for a week now and hopefully will have decided on their layout soon. :-))

3. And the biggie~ the 'necessary evil' ~~ clean up my disaster!

~half check~ LOL In the process of cleaning up, I decided to rearrange the furniture! :-o So everything is rearranged and I am putting things back in place. Maybe there will be a few pics by mid-February. ;-)

I also managed to~
~~get my Thimbleberries bag and table runner together.
~~Get my January Schnibble together during the Valentine's Sewing Day. :-)
~~And spend a day cutting pieces for 'Piece & Goodwill'.

So I would say I had a very good month! :-)

I also want to thank SewCalGal for the wonderful Virtual Christmas Quilt Show she did in December. The inspiration was awesome! I happened to win a thumb drive and it arrived this week. It is sure going to come in handy for organizing my photo's on the computer! Thank you SewCalGal and AllBrands! :-)

Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!

13 comments:

3anklebiters said...

the Christmas blocks are beautiful.

Barb said...

Love it all!!! You are just one busy beaver!!

Quilter Kathy said...

My goodness...you have been busy! Gorgeous Christmas blocks!

Karen said...

I'd say that you accomplished a lot for the month of January. I wish I could have done the same!

Cindy said...

Job (goals) well done.

Funny, I didn't even realise that it was YOU who won SewCalGal's other thumb drive. Congratulation

Yes, January was quite a productive month for you.

Jonathan said...

Everything is beautiful! I love the Christmas blocks and Fig tree anything is always my favorite:-)

Thearica said...

Isnt it great to be so productive! I joined the OPAM Challenge and hope to be very productive all year! I have had a great January too!

Shannon said...

Congratulations on being so productive...

Gina said...

I love those Christmas Blocks. It looks like you got alot done in January

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carol said...

You had a great January!! Congratulations!

Rosa said...

Love your xmas blocks,are fantastic.

joan said...

I love all your projects! You have been busy!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Half check -- you crack me up! Wow, for not planning much, you got a ton of pretty projects finished!! Love your blocks for the exchange, and you Millhouse Inn quilt! Way to Sew Sandi!

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...