Monday, January 4, 2010

~Monday, Monday~

It is Design Wall Monday~ the idea of Judy L at Patchwork Times. And if you need a little inspiration to start the new year, hop on over to her blog and check the list of other quilters who participate in Design Wall Monday~ you will see lots of great projects! :-)

As for me~ I can't show you the Christmas blocks I am working on, but I have half done and number 7 ready, so I'm pretty sure I will be mailing next Monday. ;-)

I can show you these blocks~ On the HGTV Quilters Message Board we do a little BOM project. Last year the co-hosts chose the blocks and everyone kept up making the blocks.... ahhhh, well, everyone but me. :-/ I got this many done~(agh~ the photo is turned, sorry!) I need to do 4 more to finish up 2009. So why did they ask me to co-host this year? :-)) It's a mystery to me too! LOL The hope is I'll have the blocks done ahead of the reveal date, so if there are any snafu's in the pattern we'll know about them. Here are January's blocks. We are doing both a 12 inch finished block and a 4 inch. The 4 inch will be cornerstones for my blocks as I'm planning a big quilt. ;-) LOL This year the theme is 'stars'. My favorite kinds of blocks! :-)

So back to the sewing machine with me!

Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

My oh my, I think it's great they asked you to Co-Host.

The block on the left, that red just POPS. I Love it.

Angela said...

Lovely blocks! I especially like the 2009 ones!

Brenda said...

Uh oh.... we might need to talk.......

Barb said...

I like what is on your design wall...

Barb said...

How did you get your name on those blocks?

Karen said...

Some interesting blocks from this past year's BOM. You will get those four missing ones done soon. The first block for this year is a good one. I have made a few of those myself in the past.

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. It should be great with the two different block sizes.

bingo~bonnie said...

hummm.... all stars you say? I like that idea... I *may* just have to look up that thread and check it out! Aak did I just type that? :P

I like your "need to", "want to" and MUST do list at the end of your post earlier... I NEED to get started on my crayola challenge quilt now that I'm back home from KY!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Shannon said...

Love the blocks and your blog!

Myra said...

Co-hosting a BOM!?! good for you S! I am sure you will keep up with things just fine...8-)
Your 2009 BOM is looking good! You'll get'er done! 8-)
Off to see some more Design Wall Monday posts...

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...