Ok, who is flipping the calendar when I'm not looking!? I don't think a week has passed since my last post, I think someone is tricking me! ;-)
Well, it has been a busy week. :-) LOL First up, the Vintage Schnibble project for this month~
When Sinta and Sherri announced it would be Lincoln from 'Another Bite of Schnibbles' by Carrie Nelson, I thought it sounded familiar~ and not because I have paged through the book so many times that I now have loose pages. :-) I went to my 'waiting-to-be-quilted' stash and yes! Indeed I had made this Scnibble in wall hanging size in the past.
I decided it really wouldn't be playing fair to just show that one to y'all. :-D So I pulled out all my patriotic scraps~ and believe me, some were really small! You can't see where I did some creative piecing. ;-) And made the larger size 'Lincoln'~
I chose not to add any border so it would be like the smaller one. It measures 63.5 inches square~ the perfect size for the back of our love seat. ;-) Not sure when I will get it quilted, but surely before next July! :-o
I just took this off the machine on Monday. It is quilt #3 for my Mom. We both made this quilt top from kits I had purchased from JoAnn's some years ago (on clearance~ I love a sale!). I pieced mine on my treadle (and it is on that waiting-to-be-quilted shelf) :-/ As soon as I get all my Mom's quilts finished, I plan to get busy with that shelf! LOL
Hope you are finding lots of time for sewing and quilting this summer!
Until next time~
Happy stitchin'!
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B-r-r-r-r
Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...
-
The saying 'time flies when you are having fun' certainly applies to my last year! Where have I been? Well, here there and everywhe...
-
~~ My Giveaway is now closed. Thank you for stopping by!!~~ Happy October! Today all over blogland~ at last count 143 blogs and 8 busi...
-
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it is the end of August! Where have I been? Everywhere! But recently welcoming this cutie has been the hi...



11 comments:
Love both of the Lincoln projects - very pretty. I hope your mom shows off some of the quilting you've done at a guild meeting so we can enjoy. The latest one is a really pretty color combo.
Both your Lincolns are adorable! Nice that you have a matched set! Love how the other quilt looks like floating blocks...so pretty!
I like Lincoln (x2). I might need to make one for myself. Could it be done with a jelly roll? Your scrappy version is great!
I love your fabrics and the pattern of your mom's quilt. Yummy colors! Your Schnibbles is perfect... can't go wrong with the red white and blue!
Love Lincoln X2... I'm going to start on mine today!
How many quilts do you have on the waiting shelf???
Mom's quilt looks good!! Keep up the good work - I am impressed!
I like both your Lincoln's, but think the colors in the second one really pop! I have a whole stack of quilts waiting to be quilted as well. It's so much more fun to piece them than to quilt them (in my opinion). I've made several of the JoAnn's kits too. My first quilt was from one of them and it was a great way to start off.
Both Lincoln quilts are beautiful and how neat that you now have two!!! The quilting on your mom's quilt is beautiful too, now you need to finish yours LOL!
Both your Lincoln's are beautiful!!
Wow--two Lincoln's! I would have totally cheated and used the first one. They are both great--can't wait to see the new one quilted!
Two? Wow! You are good to make another! I love it!
Post a Comment