I think I am! :-) but maybe not as much as I could be! LOL
When I saw the Nabby's Dowry Sew-Along, Pam Buda @ Heartspun Quilts is hosting~ I jumped right in! I love making mini quilts! But thennnnn... I saw that we needed 162 HST's! :-o Say what??!! Ok, it gave me pause, but then I thought about just printing off some Triangulations sheets and doing some mindless sewing. ;-) I cut the sheets into smaller sections so I would get more variety in my scrappy HST's. It was pretty quick work! I sewed the pieces and rotary cut them apart, then while watching TV last night (Rizzoli and Isles!) I finger pressed then apart and took off the papers. The secret to easily removing the papers is to set your stitch length small. ;-) It worked like a charm and all my HST's are finished and ready for the next step on July 12th. {I just love using Triangulations, but this isn't an advertisement for them~ they probably don't even know how much I love their product!}
Since I was on such a happy roll, I thought~ hey! why not go really crazy and try them with the Temecula Quilt Co's Cakestand Basket summer challenge? These little buggers finish at just 2 inches each!! :-o Yeah, I am crazy! But aren't they just cutest?
I'm a little behind as we need to do one a day for July, but with my handy dandy little triangle papers, I will catch up fast. And the best part for these little guys? The seam allowances are already cut down for me. :-) Sewing them together was really easy!
I'm headed back to my sewing~
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B-r-r-r-r
Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...
-
The saying 'time flies when you are having fun' certainly applies to my last year! Where have I been? Well, here there and everywhe...
-
~~ My Giveaway is now closed. Thank you for stopping by!!~~ Happy October! Today all over blogland~ at last count 143 blogs and 8 busi...
-
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it is the end of August! Where have I been? Everywhere! But recently welcoming this cutie has been the hi...


4 comments:
That Cakestand Basket block is really cute! Tiny, but cute. I guess I've been out of the loop because I didn't know about either of these. However, since my machines are all packed up, I guess I won't be participating in either. Look forward to seeing your progress though.
Oh yes, those little baskets are cute! I am giving thought to making some.
2 inch finished - hmmmm That would make a really cute baby quilt!! ;)
They are tiny! Your new addiction is cute though. What are you doing with them when you have them all done - do you know yet.......
What a pretty block - and can't wait to see all those HST's put together! You're not crazy - just uber quilty :)!!
Post a Comment