Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grinnin' From Ear to Ear!!

My friend Bingo~Bonnie and I are doing a mini quilt swap patterned after a swap that the gals on doing on HGTV. Awhile back I showed y'all a peek of the mini I was making for her in a post HERE. Well, guess what I got a few minutes ago?!! :-)))) 'My mini' from Bonnie! Before I show it to you, let me just say she has been teasing me these last few weeks with peeks and blog postings. She showed a marbled pic like the one I showed. She mentioned she was hand quilting a part of it~ she even showed it wrapped up like an envelope! :-o (she drew the cutest acorn on the label! :-)

And ya know, all the teasing was so worth it!! LOL
Just look at this wonderful fall mini!! I love the colors! I love the pattern! I love, love, love her hand quilting!!! :-)

The only thing, and its very 'minor' is...
Bonnie! I had such a time getting through all the tape!!! :-)) I am now re-thinking how I wrapped yours! I think hubby may have some heavy duty duct tape...maybe I should re-wrap! LOL :-))

Here is a photo of the tape... but I also got a shot of the border and her lovely hand quilting, so maybe all that tape isn't so noticeable? :-)) Just look at the leaves and flowers~ they are perfect! As for the tape~ sorry you used a whole roll and now I'm throwing it away. ;-) LOL It sure was a lot to work through~ especially when you are so excited you just can't wait!!! LOL :-)) ~~Just teasing you Bonnie!~~ :-) I will treasure my mini from you forever! :-) {{hugs}}

Oh!~ just to tease you a bit more~~ here is the back of yours (below). ;-))) I had to cover the label, and I don't think this photo will give away too much of what it actually looks like. :-) The back is harvest toile. :-) It'll be in your hot little hands as soon as my last swapper's blocks show up! ;-)


Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!

6 comments:

Barb said...

That is wonderful!!! You are a tease...

Mikol said...

You are a lucky lady, that is just beautiful! Bonnie did a great job, love the colors, pattern, and quilting.
The back of yours for Bonnie is pretty, looking forward to seeing the front.

Myra said...

That is a gorgeous mini you were given there C!! Love the pattern! 8-)

Wonderful hand-quilting Bonnie!!! 8-)

Gina said...

What a beautiful quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

bingo~bonnie said...

I don't know which was more fun - reading your email you sent or

talking to you yesterday on the phone for the first time or

coming here last night and reading your post - you are so funny! :P

Um, about all that tape... I really didn't plan to sabotage your package.. honest. LOL... but maybe it worked to my advantage to keep you distracted form looking very close at those horrible mitered corners on the binding! LOL

I'm so glad you finally got it and that you love it :) It was so fun and I can't wait to start working on our next exchange - but not until I get my fall mini's hand quilting finished and complete ;)

Have a Happy Weekend! and...
Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Bridget B said...

That is one pretty table topper- I love the colors. Not to many people hand quilt anymore.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...