Sunday, June 28, 2009

More Hop Fun! :-)


I had a bit more fun hitting a few more shops. ;-))

At one shop they were giving demo's of the new Hunter's Star ruler~ called the Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Ruler~ created by Deb Tucker. Well, rapid fire is right!~ I couldn't believe how fast the blocks were flying! ;-) So it found it's way into my shopping bag, along with this pattern. I love red. ;-)) I found the leaf print at another shop. It is for the border of my Ocean Wave's blocks~ which I discovered are also called 'Northwind' blocks (because they have 3 HST's in them). I like the name Northwind much better~ especially since my blocks are all autumn fabrics with a good wind rustling through them! :-) Even though I haven't named the quilt yet, they will now be called Northwind blocks. :-)) LOL The gold print I found at yet another shop. ;-) I'm not sure if I'll use it with the leaf print, but I laid it alongside to see how well they went together. ;-) Now to get them sewn together~~


Until next time~

Happy Stitchin'!! :-)

2 comments:

Myra said...

I am curious as to how that new ruler there works? The Fall leaves fabric is wonderful! Good call for finishing off your Ocean Waves blocks, now Northwind... 8-)

Gina said...

Love the fabrics. That gold will look good as a thin inner border on the quilt.

Love and hugs Gina xx

ps how about 'And the Northwind shall blow' as a quilt name. It's a line from a UK nusery rhyme

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...