Good morning!~I'm hosting a jewel box block swap in 30's fabrics (on the HGTV Quilting Forum) and finally finished my first set of 8. Once you get the prep work done~ making HST's and 4 patches~ it is a fun, easy block to put together. And I love how it looks in 30's! :-) Bingo~Bonnie calls the prepwork 'homework', so I am now doing my homework for the next set of 8. Using the Triangulations for HST's is sure a timesaver! :-)
I've also joined a swap for thimble blocks. We are using Sindy Rodenmayer's pattern from her site, FatCat Patterns. (with her
permission, of course) ;-) They are done in orientals~ giving them a cloisonne` thimble sort of look. I did 2 this morning for a test~ I think this will make an adorable sewing room wall hanging! :-)
permission, of course) ;-) They are done in orientals~ giving them a cloisonne` thimble sort of look. I did 2 this morning for a test~ I think this will make an adorable sewing room wall hanging! :-)Hopefully, you can click on the photo's for a big larger view. ;-)
And I am coming up on 200 posts! :-)
Stay tuned~ I think there may be a giveaway involved! :-)) If you are one of my followers~ you will be automatically entered. ;-)
Have a great day and until next time~
Happy Stitchin'! :-)
6 comments:
A thimble block swap. Now that is unusual. What good fabric choices.
and I thought I was a swap nut!! It is nice to be in such good company. I however would not be able to do the HST's ;bias and I do not get along, but I can see you do, just beautiful!
Wow, I love the thimble blocks...I will have to go over there. I have done a fat cat pattern before and just loved it...one of my favorite sites.
I just saw your blog at Karen, the Log Cabin Quilter's blog and had to hop over. I posted that same quilt-the Jewel Box in 30's prints, on my blog the other day! What a fun block exchange!
I like the thimbles. It will be a great wall hanging when done!!
You are the Swap Queen! 8-)
Great that you are so gung-ho on all your swaps! Good for you!
What wonderful new swaps you are starting, as others... 8-)
Your thimbles look wonderful! 8-)
Happy stitchings!
Post a Comment