Monday, December 22, 2014

Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM~ block 3

First of all, I am so sorry to be late to the hop this morning.  I have the dreaded Christmas cold, and fell back asleep after DH left for work.  :-o  I am trying very hard to keep up with Christmas doings here, but my energy seems to be lagging~ if it were like a shadow, maybe I could try to sew it on? ;-)

Anyway, this month the BOM has 2 blocks!  Block 3 and a bonus block.
You can use the bonus in your quilt, or make something totally different with it. Go check out
Jacquelynne's blog and her cute tote. :-)  (psst...she is having a giveaway too!)

Block 3 is a cute daisy-like flower.  I am doing my blocks in hand embroidery and I had fun picking out stitches for this one~

And the bonus block is a set of tulips! I love tulips!  The squirrels around here won't let me grow them though~ they dig up my bulbs! :-/

I did the whole bowl of the tulip in one color, and added the little bit of the third at the top. 
Again~ I had fun with embroidery stitches! :-)

I also did two centers with crayons and the back stitch.  I think I have decided what I am going to do with these, but I'll wait until the end of the BOM to show you. :-)

I have a giveaway for you too!  Jacquelynne is allowing each blog to giveaway a special PDF prize package of patterns.  Wouldn't  it be fun to 'dream of summer' and make some of these cute projects while the snow is blowing? :-)

International commenters are welcome too, since all I need to get the prize to you is a valid email address.  I'm going to leave my giveaway open until December 31st.  I know it is a busy time of year, and you might not get to hop until after the weekend.  Just leave me a comment, tell me how you are coming with the BOM and your favorite part. ;-) I do hope you visit all the blogs in the hop~

                                                         Sandy ~ Upstairs Hobby Room
Deonn ~ Quiltscapes 
                                                     Sandie ~ Crazy ‘boutquilts ~ thanks for visiting!!


Barb ~ Garden Path Quilts


Also~ it is not too late to sign up!  You will receive the past month's block as well as the pre-BOM instructions in your email.  You can go HERE to sign up and get all the info. 

And finally, if you have any social media accounts, please use this~
#SewSweetSimplicity
So we can find you! :-) 

And one last little note~
there is going to be a 'catch up' sew along day in January. Please watch for further details soon.

That's all for now~
Merry Christmas!!

31 comments:

Donna W said...

Well, I have to admit, my BOM is not coming along to well. Seems like something keeps coming up. My plan is to get caught up after the holidays are over.

Diana said...

I haven't started the BOM yet, still am finishing up Christmas and BD gifts. Will start after holidays:) Love your squares!

Susan L. said...

Sadly, I haven't had time to start my blocks yet. I hope to get to them after the holidays.

RosieGma said...

My favorite part of this hop is seeing all the great blocks that have been made...I hope to catch up after the holidays.....

MoeWest said...

All I've had time for is to pick my fabrics. I was concentrating on Christmas sewing. I hope to get started as soon as the holidays are over.

Kathy E. said...

I am thoroughly enjoying this BOM project and have Blocks #1 and #2 finished. Block #3 will have to wait til later since the holidays are going to keep me from my sewing room. My favorite part is just learning the techniques...it's all new to me!

Sandy D said...

So far I am collecting them and once Christmas is over I will have more time for Sewing.

Kim said...

Love your blocks! I haven't even been able to do any sew alongs. I am so glad there's going to be catch up sewing in January :-)

Cindy said...

I haven't been able to even start my BOM. I spilled hot soup on my knee and got 2ne and 3rd degree burns inside my knee and I'm not feeling like doing much sewing right now. cdahlgren at life dot com

Cecilia said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I haven't started my blocks yet, hopefully if will be able to start soon. Thank you for the giveaway.

magistra said...

I have actually just signed up, and by looking around, it seems I'm not the only one just starting, so that's nice. What I'm impressed with so far are the blocks themselves, of course, and all the testing bloggers, helping bloggers, not sure what to call you guys, but I really have enjoyed finding these other blogs, like yours! Magistra13 at yahoo dot com
Beth

legato1958 said...

I have been saving the patterns, and haven't had time to start mine yet! Will be a "to do in 2015" .... high on the list!
Susie

Jeanne said...

I love your blocks with the crayons , I have been doing that lately. lots of fun.

Lee said...

I was saving until after the holidays to start! It will be winter project for me - so excited to get it going though. thanks!

Rozz01 said...

The blocks are on my list of things to do for 2015.

Elaine said...

Just staring block 2, but hope to go a little faster in 2015!

Kathryn said...

I'm still finishing up 2014 UFOS, so it will have to wait!

Unknown said...

saving the blocks till next year

WoolenSails said...

I have been following along, but haven't had time to make any. I would love to make her summer pieces though and thanks for the reminder for your giveaway.

Debbie

Lyn said...

Thanks so much! I love your blocks. I am gathering everything and will start after the new year! sure looks like fun. Thanks again.

sally said...

I love to see all the different reditions of the blocks, i havent yet finished a goodobe to show yet but im getting close! This is a super way to get the next project/fabric idea, as if i have no ufos or ious waiting now, its always better to jump on the new sunnier project when winter is gloomy
blah, blah, blah, have a happy new year!
sally

Linda said...

I've made the first two blocks!!! I'm excited to do these two now!!! Yours are so cute....

Grammasheri said...

I haven't started on the blocks yet! But when I do (after the holidays) I will have plenty of inspiration provided by you and your fellow bloggers! Thank you!

Maggie said...

I hope you are feeling much better and was able to enjoy your Christmas just the same....you are way ahead of me in your blocks and they are lovely....Happy New Year

Rachel said...

Thank you for the giveaway - I love the Sun Blossom tote bag pattern - I have been saving the BOM patterns. I will start in 2015.

Jacquelynne Steves said...

Such cute embroidery on your blocks!

Deonn said...

Oh, your embroidery is lovely with these fun prints! The crayon centers are going to be adorable, too. Such fun blocks.

SusanS said...

Like many who have commented before me, I -- too --- have not accomplished much with this BOM. I'm still working on block one since the holiday hustle and bustle got the bulk of my time. With January on the horizon, I am hoping to catch up when I attend a long weekend quilting retreat. Thanks for the opportunity to win. SESalyards@aol.com

6 buttons said...

I am working on Block 3 now and then the extra block since I am trying to do six blocks. My husband has made our daughter a quilt rack and I hope to use this to have something to put on it when it is finished. Thanks for all the great giveaways!

Judy1522 said...

I am really enjoying the hop but so far I have only finished the first block and have everything cut out for the second block so will be getting to that soon. I do really need the catch up day on the 10th. My favorite part is having a fun project to work on and I am doing needle turn applique which I have not done in awhile so it is like learning something new.

carol said...

Holidays have not been the time to be doing anything but be in the moment and that meant not much sewing--actually no sewing.

Hope to have some sewing fun real soon.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...