Monday, December 29, 2014

Whew!!

Because of a few unforeseen circumstances, I was sewing right up until Christmas Eve!
I will not repeat that experience ever again!
(Please remind me of that in November!) LOL

**If you are looking for my giveaway post, please go HERE.
You still have time to enter!! 

Anyway, I did finish the final gift quilt and it was under the tree when it needed to be. :-)

 I made this Card Trick quilt from recycled shirts-- hubby's, DS's, some from friends, and some from thrifting.  A sweet friend sent the fabric for the borders as well as more shirt prints she got from a factory near her. :-)  So I'm calling this one 'A Little Help from my Friends'.


DS loved it at first sight!  But that could have something to do with the back....


For the first time, I quilted a fleece backing.  He is a super fan! LOL
I love how soft the back turned out--he is walking around with it wrapped over his shoulders cape-style right now. ;-)  I will definitely be using fleece in future snuggle quilts.

Did you finish all your planned holiday sewing?
I am off to work on some of the things that got pushed to the side..
Until next time,
Happy Stitchin'!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and design! I can't imagine working till the last minute, I'd be in panic mode! Perhaps why not many handmades went out this year. LOL

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute quilt. I refuse to do holiday sewing because of the stress - if I have a quilt already made that might be a good present for someone that is one thing but I won't make one and try to get done on time. I used to make toys and things for the girls when they were small and that was enough stress for me.

Sara said...

very nice - love those shirt fabrics for the cards. And the back is definitely fun.

I did get my gift sewing done, but I had kept it fairly simple this year. And we still aren't sure when we'll even do Christmas with our older daughter's family. They have had influenza at their house so we've postponed it until everyone is healthy again.

Kim said...

That is one cool quilt and lovely name too! I did get my Christmas sewing done. I am now getting some other sewing done before school starts. I am afraid I might not be able to get to them once that happens.
Happy New Year!!

QuiltSue said...

Well done on finishing in time. It's a great quilt. Happy New Year to you.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on finishing that nice quilt - I love it. I do flannel backing on small quilts like a lap throw - love the feeling.
Rachel

Karen said...

Card Tricks in blue. A masculine look. Good use of shirt parts.

Needled Mom said...

That is fabulous! I love the colors and can only imagine how great it must feel.

Jean said...

That is one of my favorite quilts and I love the fleece backs. I would like to try a fleece backing on my mid arm frame but have been to scared to try it because of the stretchiness. I know others do it.

Barb said...

Beautiful quilt....Happy New Year!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love working with shirts and love seeing others do the same. Great quilt!!!

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...