Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lazy? Days of Summer...

I have been spending more time out than in lately. We are really dry, so I am hauling water all around our yard to keep my plants alive. ;-)

This is one of our hydrangeas. I just love these plants!


And if you think I have some miracle green thumb~ this will make you think again. ;-) Maybe i shouldn't show you this~

 My poor pitiful hollyhock. This is one that was chewed down to spikes by a rotten raccoon. I am happy to see it bloom~ but is isn't very tall, or happy being caged up. :-/

My sewing machine has been growing some cobwebs~ I need to get back to my projects! :-o

Hope you are having a happy summer. I'll be back when I have some progress to show you. ;-)

Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

My mother had hydrangeas growing on the one side of the house. Always so pretty in the summer.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I so love hydrangeas, but can't seem to get them to grow here. Oh, our hollyhocks are to the second story windows and they amaze me.

Brenda said...

The raccoon was just making sure you picked the right plan and just letting you know he approved!!!

That is how I water my plants, by hand!! So, no, no pity here!! ;)

And yes, you need to play!!! And since you have caged up the plant, and it's green, and looking better than it did, you do have a green thumb!!! I like it! Cage and all, I think your plants look pretty!!

Needled Mom said...

Hollyhocks and hydrangeas ....how wonderful does it get? I did not realize that racoons ate hollyhocks.

Brandie said...

Don't beat yourself up about any cobwebs, we all get them from time to time. Take care and enjoy the hollyhocks!

Sinta Renee said...

Those are two of my favorite garden flowers! They look beautiful to me. It's always a challenge to keep the deers and other critters away... they think it's candy on a stick!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

It is harder to find time to sew in the summer - isn't it! Your flowers are beautiful - even the Hollyhock :0)!! Glad to see you enjoying the summer!

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...