Hi! Welcome! :-)
I am posting a bit early because Eastern Standard Time is just a wee bit too early for me to make a post that makes any sense! No worries though, all the other hoppers and our sweet leader will have their posts up for you by 10AM EST. ;-)
If you are new to my blog, please, get a cup of tea and look around! I hope you like what you see.
And if you have been a long time follower~~thank you!! I am so sorry I neglected you last week. :-o I got behind on my blocks and had a lot going on here at home, so something had to give. Unfortunately, it was blogging. :-( I am going to try to be better at it in the future!
Now for the fun!!
Jacquelynne has put together the sweetest BOM! And we are on the final two blocks, if you chose to do the bonus block. I have been having so much fun doing hand embroidery stitches on my blocks, and using my vintage sheet collection for the block pieces.
This is block 4~
And this is the second bonus block~
I couldn't resist playing around with my crayons, so here are the centers for the 2 blocks. I have decided to set these into something different and I'm saving that as a surprise for the end of the hop. :-)
Please be sure to visit Jacquelynne Steves at The Art of Home for more info on the BOM, and also visit my fellow hoppers~ (but NOT until after 10 AM EST please ;-) I want to be sure you don't miss a thing!)
Teresa ~ A Quilt and a Prayer
Sandy ~ Upstairs Hobby Room
Deonn ~ Quiltscapes
Barb ~ Bejeweled Quilts
Sandie ~ Crazy ‘boutquilts ~ thanks for visiting!!
Deanna ~ Wedding Dress Blue
Barb ~ Mountain Quiltworks
Barb ~ Garden Path Quilts
And one last little thing before you leave me~ YES! there is a giveaway! :-)
And you can enter on each blog! And international bloggers are invited too since the prize is a pdf package.
But please, please be sure you are not a 'no reply' blogger, and if you aren't sure, just leave me your email address in your comment, ok? So tell me, did you make quilting resolutions this year? I did not. Of course I want to finish things, and get more organized and all those great goals, but I also don't want to put any limits on myself. LOL You never know what I will be up to next!! :-)
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy quilting!!
Giveaway is now closed.
Giveaway is now closed.




50 comments:
I just love your blocks...turned out wonderfully!!!
I love that table runner and would love a chance to win.
I have not been brave enouigh to use crayon but yours looks wonderful! the Block is a stunner!
your embroidery is amazing!! can hardly believe we are near the end. Can't wait to see how everyone puts their blocks together.
No resolutions, but I did enter my guild's UFO challenge.
What fun we're having with these blocks! I'm anxious to see what your surprise is.
No actual "resolutions", but I have continued my goal of shrinking my stash and my UFO list. I'm trying harder to get it all under control so that it isn't so distracting.
I love your embroidery, it looks wonderful. I can't decide what to do with the middle of mine if I ever get done with my sons quilt. cdahlgren at live dot com
I love how yours look with the vintage sheets. Just so delicate. I haven't started mine yet but it's set to go later this week.
I did not make any quilting resolutions. I have five projects on the go right now, so when they are finished I'll be on to something new. Just working at my own pace. Your blocks are very pretty.
I like your choice of fabrics! So bright and cheerful.
I am remodeling my sewing room!! My goal is to have it finished in the next 3 weeks!! I don't think I can go without my machine for much longer than that!! :)
Kathryn
kathrynh70@comcast.net
My only quilting resolution is to sew more 😊
createdandbeautiful@gmail.com
I just retired at the first of December so do I have plans/resolutions? Oh my, YES! I am about 95% done with the first-to go thru my whole sewing room and get it more organized.
My quilting resolution was to make up as many of my quilt kits, & UFO's as possible. I am sooooo far behind!
I try not to make 'resolutions' as they are just too easy to break; so instead I do 'hopes and plans'-- seems to work a little better for me.
I'm new to quilting, so I've resolved to quilt more!!!
The fabrics in your blocks are so pretty. I love the butterfly.
No quilting resolutiions, too new of a quilter. Unless, will be learning and finish a quilt counts, which was made last year.
No quilting resolutions for me. Just have to get caught up on what I've already got started before I start anything new!
I'm new to all of this my email Mariposalinda25@gmail.com
Love your blocks😄😄
I always make the same goals: Try to finish all my unfinished projects. But this year I really must finish at least my youngest daughter's quilt if nothing else.
I want to make more this year than last - I suffer from severe depression, and some days are very difficult to get motivated! You all inspire me!
No quilting resolutions, but hope to finish my first quilt. Am retired and new to quilting. I find it so exciting. Love fabric and have for years. Enjoyed your blocks.
Not sure mine published, so am trying again. Hope to finish my first quilt. Love your blocks.
I joined a finish-a-long so that is kinda like a resolution!
Yes, I did make quilting resolutions this year. I still have two brothers, two sister-in-laws and a stepdad that I plan to make quilts for, along with a few UFO's! Thank you for the giveaway opportunity!
I love your cheerful fabrics! They sure brighten up the gray winter days we are having!
I did make quilting goals. My goal is to complete some projects. My fabric purchases have to be for fabrics necessary to complete projects already started or purchased. If I make progress I can look for new ideas.
Only one resolution this year and it is to be more organized. :-)
your blocks are so sweet and pretty
Just getting over a broken leg so I have neglected all my quilting projects but I am back at the sewing machine!!! Finishing is always a resolution!
mumbird3(at)gmail(dot)com
Not exactly resolutions...I loved Judys "hopes and plans" so I've decided to adopt that point of view as my own! I am hoping to finish as many UFOs as I can before starting any new projects, so I have not cut out my blocks for Jacquelynne's patterns, tho I have picked out the fabric for it (a Donna Dewberry that I have been saving for YEARS!). I may get to it this year...HA!
No - didn't make any quilting resolutions - in fact didn't make ANY resolutions at all this new year! Love how you have made this quilt - colors are so pretty!
Thanks for the giveaway -
Barbara in TN
saltillo3@yahoo.com
I didn't make any official resolutions but I have all the usual thinks in mind such as keeping fabric put away, finishing projects, and practicing my FMQ.
I did make a quilting resolution this year and I plan to follow through with it. I plan to spend more time quilting!
lin.web.28(at)gmail(dot)com
Love the blue and green. sewpatsy1@comcast.net
I don't ever make resolutions, quilting or otherwise. I love the colors in your blocks. They are so happy and springy.
sgriffith1@centurytel.net
GET ORGANIZED! lol
We moved to a temporary home while our abode is being renovated. I have several quilts planned, but haven't yet made much progress with so many decisions to be made. Can't wait for this process to be over as I'm getting my own sewing room finally after 40 years of sharing with a motorcycle and exercise machine that wasn't used as much as my sewing machine!
My resolution this year was to find a room in my house to make as my sewing room. I moved someone to college and now I have my room!
My resolution is to let go of stuff I'm never going to use, make or do! pjrcontest at msn dot com
I'm loving the Sew Sweet patterns.
I started out with quilting wishes and goals. We'll see how focused I can stay with them. :)
jnl4god at live .com
Hi Sandie, I am so happy to have found your blog. I have only been quilting for around a year an a half, but once that quilting bug bites you, there's no turning back. I love it more with each quilt I make and with each new technique that I learn. Your blog is wonderful and I love the pretty spring colors that you are using in these blocks. I am your newest follower. Please come visit my blog. I would consider it an honor to have you follow me back.
Have a lovely weekend and keep quilting.
Your new blogging sister,
Connie :)
I don't make resolutions on paper, but I do get to thinking on getting a lot of things done. Then reality sets in and I just try to get as much done as I can.
rosenowde@live.com
love your fabric flowers and colors. blue and orange
I haven't really thought about things as formal resolutions but I definitely have plans! LOL! I want to finish my first quilt and make the two I have planned for wedding gifts for my cousins. I have to admit that I would love to win such a lovely prize, the timing is serendipitous, my wedding anniversary is on February 2nd. Thank you for this opportunity. 😊. I am not sure how other people are supplying you their email addresses so this will have to do for me: gilshallos at outlook.com.
I don't make any resolutions so I never fail to meet them :) I am looking forward to trying as many new techniques and patterns as I can this year as I have only been quilting for a bit over a year. Love your colors!
I no longer make any resolutions as I know I will not keep them anyway. I do hope to finish up some quilts that I had started last year.
Post a Comment