The Vintage Schnibbles pattern for this month is 'Clover' by Carrie of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I didn't think I would ever get done! LOL It's not that the pattern is difficult~ it isn't. Not one bit. But, it is time consuming and it seemed the more I sewed, the less I felt I was accomplishing. Part of that is my fault~ I didn't have 2 charm packs. I had one charm pack and a bunch of 2.5 inch strips left from another project. So maybe I had to do a bit more cutting that those who had charm packs... or maybe not, since I left the strips at 2.5" and cut my charm pack to have finished 2 inch squares too. (my quilt will end up just a little bigger than everyone else's, but I look at that as a bonus!) ;-) Anyway~ here she is!~~
I used Grand Finale by Sandy Gervais for Moda, and then the strips were from different lines, but I think they all worked together. We finally had a sunny day, so I enlisted hubby's help, although the breeze seemed to pick up at just the wrong time. LOL
I haven't trimmed it down around the edges yet~ I will do that after I get 'er quilted... and she has to wait in line. ;-)
Be sure to visit Sinta and Sherri for the parades the beginning of the month. I'm sure looking forward to seeing who met the challenge this month! LOL
Thanks for stopping by~
Until next time,
Happy Quilting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B-r-r-r-r
Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...
-
The saying 'time flies when you are having fun' certainly applies to my last year! Where have I been? Well, here there and everywhe...
-
~~ My Giveaway is now closed. Thank you for stopping by!!~~ Happy October! Today all over blogland~ at last count 143 blogs and 8 busi...
-
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it is the end of August! Where have I been? Everywhere! But recently welcoming this cutie has been the hi...


10 comments:
Really love the colors you used, has a vintage look and nice for fall too.
Debbie
It really looks great. I love the colors.
Well done - love the scrappy but blended look to it.
That gold background gives this such a warm feeling. I am never very brave about choosing backgrounds and always seem to stick to white, cream, or black. This reminds me that there are other great choices.
Very pretty!
Love your quilt! It's beautiful and has a wonderful warm feel to it.
I love the granny square - simple but yet so nice!
I was really hoping to make this one this month, but didn't get around to it. I like the fabrics you chose; it looks perfect for fall. The gold background looks so warm. It did look like there were a lot of pieces in the pattern, but it turned out so great! Good job on finishing.
Sandie! It is so pretty! I love your Clover quilt. I know this month seemed to be a much more involved Schnibbles pattern butr I just love it. I love your colors too!
Perfect color range for fall.
It looks great Sandie! I love that you used lots of different fabrics. It is such a good quilt for that. It was worth all of your hard work!!
Post a Comment