Monday, April 23, 2012

Something Wonderful For You~

Remember when I read Solomon's Puzzle and gave away a quilt pattern that was inspired by the book?  I really enjoyed the book~ fantastic writing and so pertinent if you are raising or have raised a teenager.  I read it twice and it still comes to mind whenever I think about a book that touched me.  It has mystery, humor, sadness and joy all in one very good read.  I can't encourage you enough to check it out. ;-) but enough about me~~ LOL ;-)

Photo Courtesy of Solomon's Puzzle
 Loris Nebbia is not only a great author, but  also a very generous one!  :-)  She sent me two patterns to giveaway to two of you!! Isn't that wonderful!  It's a little early Mother's Day giveaway. :-)  Thank you so much Loris!!  ♥

One pattern is for the Solomon's Puzzle Sampler Quilt pictured above.  The other is for a darling French Corded Baby Cap.  I tried to get a good photo of it, but just couldn't do it. So if you go here~ French Corded Cap, you can read about it and see some great photo's! Loris made one for her granddaughter and it is just so sweet! 

So just leave a comment, tell me something about yourself. I will draw on May 1st.
Good luck!!   :-)

17 comments:

julieQ said...

I love that pattern! It is truly beautiful, and how nice of the designer and you to give some copies away. Hmmm...something about me...I was studying to be a veterinarian before I became a nurse!

Diann said...

Something about me? I used to be a lifeguard, many years ago.

Needled Mom said...

I read Solomon's Puzzle after your recommended it and it was very good. The suspense was terrific.

Brenda said...

Something about me? Well, I am in the middle of raising a teen aged daughter (some fun, sometimes!!) I think that the quilt pattern your showing is beautiful - it looks difficult and complicated, but it really catches your eye,and looks can be decieving.... kinda like a mystery!! And I love to listen to books while I am sewing, so now I am going to have to find this one so I can
'read' it and see why you like it so much!!

Have a great day and I hope it's sunny where you are!!

Loris Nebbia said...

I'm not entering the drawing because I'm the author and quilt-maker. But I wanted to say how much I love your blog, Sandie. You are a prolific seamstress! Don't you just love making things? Thanks for your support for Solomon's Puzzle. It means so much to me that people have read the book and liked it.
-Loris

Waytogojb said...

I love the quilt and want to read the book too. I'd love to teach a quilt class sometime.

Loris said...

Thanks for the sweet giveaway :-)
What I have to tell you is that I've never met anyone with my same name (except for my namesake!) I was intrigued awhile back when you first talked about this book and saw the author's name!
Loris from California

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's such a great quilt pattern!
Something about me? I think you know enough already!! LOL Can't join you for TSD tomorrow... we are painting the patio. Oh, see, there! I told you something NEW! Have a good one!

Rosa said...

Something about?I enjoy cooking and green is my fav color.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Algo sobre mim?Eu sou viciada em hexágonos e tudo que é PP.Mas atualmente estou mesmo é viciada em um casal de netos.Obrigada.

Barbara said...

Thanks for the chance to win! I was at the library the other day and couldn't find a book I wanted. Next trip, Solomon's Puzzle will be what I'm looking for. I love to quilt but have never made a sampler, yet ! ! ! thanks again. (love your blog)

quiltgrammy said...

Great pattern and you have me wanting to read Solomon's Puzzle, I'll have to look it up my next trip to the library.
Something about me? Let's see,my favorite colors are RED & BLUE and I use them in a lot of my quilts.

Mary said...

I will have to look for that book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Something about me...hmmm...my children used to brag because I have had more broken bones than anyone they know. I am currently at 23, I think.

No, I don't have any disease and I don't do roller derby. Just a natural born klutz!

Gill said...

Great pattern! Can I join in from the UK please???
Something about me?? I can trace my family history back to King Edward 1st of England!

Carla G said...

What a cool quilt! Something about me... I have 4 strawberry birthmarks. Very unique! Thanks for a chance to win! :)

Kathy H said...

Great pattern and I will add Solomon's puzzle to my reading list. I think someone in my quilt group recommended it also. Thanks for the chance in your giveaway.

barbara woods said...

would love to win thank you

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...