I have so many unrelated things to post about that I thought I'd just do one catch-up post. :-)
Thimbleberries Sew Day....
...was yesterday and joining me sewing were Kim of Kim Sherrod Studio, and Karen at Briarside Lane. Please be sure to visit them and cheer them on. :-)
I continued to work on my log cabin blocks for the Double Duty quilt in 'Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts'. I am so happy to report that I am nearly finished with the little buggars! LOL :-) I ran out of strips and had to cut about 20 more last night. I will sew them on today and next month I can start putting it together! :-)
I can't show you a photo of the blocks on my design wall, because this quilt is filling it now...
and I need to get it together. :-) My friend Lindsay and I led a block of the month program on HGTV Quilter's message board last year, and this is my 'Stars in the Barn Door' top~ partially sewn together. ;-) The star blocks all came from Quilter's Cache, but we did re-size some of them into a 6 inch block for the center of the barn door block. My plan is to put a border of HST's around the top once I get it all together.
Row Robin sewing
I also need to work on one more row robin~
Last night I finally was struck with inspiration, and although I won't be able to show you what I add to this top (I know the owner of this row visits my blog) ;-) , I will be able to show you all the completed row tops in the fall. :-)
Gifties~
Remember all the 'secret sewing' I was doing before Christmas? These scarves were part of it. I made them for family and a few friends. They are layers of flannel that are sewn together and then cut into chenille... after a washing and drying they fluff out so nice and are so warm! These are the last two for my kiddo's. :-)
I am off to sew on something! LOL I do have a few choices, don't I? I'm going to finish up the log cabin blocks first~ ;-)
Until next time~
Happy stitchin'!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B-r-r-r-r
Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...
-
~~ My Giveaway is now closed. Thank you for stopping by!!~~ Happy October! Today all over blogland~ at last count 143 blogs and 8 busi...
-
I know I have mentioned the new Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM by Jacquelynne Steves in the past, but I didn't tell you that I am one of her...
-
Today is my day for the Bowls with Borders hop! :-) But before I show you my little project, let me first thank C...




11 comments:
oh I love those scarves!
Great projects Sandie! The row robin is adorable and I love the scarves. I was going to attempt it one year but never got around to it and ended up using my flannels for pjs.
You have been busy sewing. I love those scarves!!!
You are quite the busy bee, my friend! I can't wait to see all the things you couldn't show us yet! And I love the scarfs...I saw those (or something similar) in one of my quilting magazines. They look so wonderful...I'm sure all the people you made them for are going to love them!
Have a fun evening of sewing!
XOXO,
Cyndi
Hey there! You most certainly have enough to keep you entertained into the new year! Wonderful scarves!! Im looking forward to seeing your log blocks done. Enjoy stitching!
I love those scarves!! They would be nice and warm!!! hmmmmmm
And I am glad that you have sewn. And cut so you can sew again next month.... just think, you are almost done!!!! ;-)
Good for you getting what you wanted to work on, worked on!!!
keep it up and you will be laughing!!!
The log cabin blocks look interesting. I like that it has the half square triangle block in the middle.
I am so bad...but I do have an excuse, I had company, my niece and her four kids.....I will go and check out everyone's work.
Look at you, so busy with all those projects on the go. Love the idea of the star blocks and so close to finishing. The scarfs are wonderful.
So many cute things in one post :)! I love that quilt - and the Round Robbin row is really cute!! Nice gifts, too!
OH how cute!!! I've made the chenille blankets many times in the past, but have never seen it done as a scarf! Oh Sandie, pretty please won't you take photos and share a tutorial!! Pretty, pretty please!! :)
I bet these are so super soft!
Love from Indiana! ~bonnie
Post a Comment