
Wow I can't believe its been a week since I posted!! :-o The time just flew! I have not been doing anything too exciting~ certainly nothing blogworthy! So just to check in and let y'all know I'm still here ;-), I'll show you a photo of a quilt I did a few years ago. It was a Debbie Caffrey mystery in Traditional Quiltworks magazine~~remember that magazine? It's been gone for a few years now. :-( It called for a certain number of FQ's. So my Mom and I each purchased half yards of fabric and traded half of our FQ's. :-) That was fun! Then we both followed along with the parts of the mystery and the next summer when we saw each other, we had our quilt tops together. It was kinda funny how we paired our fabrics when making the stars~ sometimes we used the exact fabrics, and sometimes not. The border was not part of the mystery. I saw it in another magazine and decided to use up my scraps to make it. When my Mom saw mine, she did hers the same way. :-) She hand-quilted it for me and I did some machine quilting for her on another project. ;-) The binding was the very ends of the scraps! :-) This is the quilt that was on our bed all winter. :-)
Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!! :-)
5 comments:
Great quilt. I love the colours you used
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Love the borer idea. Nice lookin' quilt!
What a wonderful quilt! Love the colors, and the striped boarder is a nifty idea! 8-)
I love scrap quilts and yours is awesome.
oh what a fun project to work on knowing you mom was too - you are so lucky to be able to quilt with your mother. My mother passed away in 99 before I really got startd.
I love the quilt and the bright colors. So since you mentioned "was" on your bed all winter does that mean you have a new one now? We would love to see it of course. ;)
also - I mailed you a little "somein-somin" today. The last two day's I've been with out internet and I'm done with the CYOC, so it gave me time to work on somehting different ;) Can't wait for you to see it. So I'm not gonna share photos yet over on my blog about it. *hehehe*
Love from Texas! ~bonnie
Post a Comment