Thursday, February 5, 2009

Think summer???


Remember the fruit ladies FQ I received in November? My Mom challenged me to come up with something using it~ so how about a tablerunner? My plan for it changed a few times and now I have 'Lifesavers'! LOL :-) This should definitely scare away the winter blues! :-) Don't the colors make you think of the candy? :-) I drew the pattern on paper~ at first I was going to continue the border in the corners, but ran out of the red, so plan 'B' was a different red and triangle corners. They are a bit oversized, but better to be too big than too small. ;-) Would you like to wake up to this on your kitchen table? :-) ~better have sunglasses handy! :-))


Until next time~


Happy Stitchin'!!

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Oh! LifeSavers! Original fruit flavour :^) Very bright and cheery just like the tablerunner I made on Saturday at a workshop....

Gina said...

I think it's great and not too bright at all

love and hugs Gina xxx

Myra said...

Wow! I almost need my sunglasses! lol! Looks great! Would show really well at a cottage/beach setting too.

My quilting gals I are going to love this one! I'll link them here in an email... A bunch of them have that fabric, and I haven't seen anything made with it yet... 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Holee said...

I love them both! I have the Fruit ladies fabric. I'm going to make DGD a beach bag with it.

I might use the Lifesaver colors. She would love that!

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...