Tuesday, October 21, 2025

Welcome!

Welcome to Wednesday's Out of the Dark Blog Hop!

I am trying to get back to blogging more regularly, so I thought joining a hop might be just the start I needed! I have a small group of friends that exchange postcards with me for different seasons or holidays and we did a Halloween card swap.

I chose most of my designs from Designs By Juju. I think the Happy Halloween & October 31st were in my collection, and I am not sure where or when I got them! :-) 

I stitch them on cotton backed with Pellon SF101, and then use a heavier interfacing in the center. The back is muslin fused to the heavy interfacing with a fusible web. These were the cards I sent out~



Now let's put them "Into" the Dark! 


Yes! I used glow in the dark thread in various places!

I just love the effect!

Be sure to visit my fellow bloggers today~~

Wednesday Oct 22

Just Because Quilts

Quilted Delights

Songbird Designs

Crazy.boutquilts ----me!

                           Quilting Between the Rails (on Facebook)

SelinaQuilts

 

And until next time~

Happy haunting!! 


 

 

18 comments:

Charlene McCain said...

Great postcards! Love the designs, and the glow-in-the-dark thread is perfect!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your cards are so much fun, and the glow-in-the-dark details really finish them off!

Vicki in MN said...

Now who wouldn't love to get one of those postcards, so adorable!!

Calicojoan said...

Love your postcards! What an extra special touch with glow in the dark thread. Designs by Juju has the cutest things on their website. Every time I go there my credit card shutters. HAHAHA

tink's mom said...

I have done post cards in the past but in comparison to yours mine were boring, very boring. Love yours and the addition of glow in the dark thread is just a perfect addition.

Danette said...

Love how you have used the glow in the dark thread! So cute!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great swap cards!

Sara said...

Those were very cute in the daylight - but in the dark - Wow! How adorable to use glow in the dark! What method do you use on the edges?

Carol Swift said...

Ooooo, what a spooky way to wish someone Happy Halloween, especially with that glow in the dark thread. So fun!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Glow in the dark thread is spooky!

Carol said...

Those are awesome postcards! The glow in the dark thread is a great touch. Your friends will love receiving them!

Moira said...

Great postcards!

For the love of geese said...

So cute. I love using the glow in the dark thread.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Those cards are adorable! I love the use of the glow-in-the-dark thread! Great job.

LJ said...

It's wonderful that you swap postcards with friends. These are wonderful and I loved that you added the glow-in-the-dark thread.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute. I really like the glow in the dark threads.

Leah said...

Your post cards are fun. The glow in the dark thread is the perfect touch!

Sharon said...

Your post cards are SEW cute, and the glow-in-the-dark thread adds the perfect touch of spookiness.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...