Sunday, February 26, 2012

Some Fun~

I can't show you what is going on in the quilt room because I am working on the next HGTV BOM~ which gets revealed Thursday. ;-)  And I'm working on my row robin rows. Remember I started out with 2 lap quilts and wall hanging size rows, so I have 3 rows to do each month it gets passed around. I know some of the gals in the Row Robin visit hoping for a peek at their quilts! ;-) LOL We all have to wait until the 'big reveal' in September. :-) I must say, some really creative rows have been coming my way! It is going to be so fun to see all the tops!

In the evenings, I find myself stitching~



I finished the asparagus towel last night and the beets a few nights ago. (sorry my photo is a little blurry :-/ Both of these patterns are the monthly freebies from  Bird Brain Designs.  Scroll down and look for 'freebie'. They are going to do a vegetable freebie each month all year. And they stitch up really fast. ;-)

I used Transfer Eze to transfer the designs to my towels. It is a water soluble product that eliminates the need to trace. It comes in 8 x 11 inch sheets. I must say~ I like it!  It didn't affect my stitches at all. I did one towel in perle cotton and the other in regular floss. You need to remember to set your printer to 'light', so you use the least amount of ink possible. I forgot to do that on one project and discovered that it was much harder to rinse out in small areas. This time it rinsed fine~ I haven't rinsed the green towel yet. I was too excited to show you! :-)

Yesterdays mail brought my next project~ perfect timing!! :-) I was lucky enough to win Quilt n' Queen Pauline's giveaway for a Bird Brain Designs gift certificate last month :-) and I ordered 2 patterns~ one of them  printed on Sticky Fabri-Solvy.  BBDesigns uses this product now because it comes in larger sheets~



I am going to be prepping my background fabric today and stitching soon! Thanks so much Pauline!!  You are keeping me in stitches! ;-)

A reminder before I leave you~ Wednesday is Thimbleberries Sew Day!  I won't be joining you this month, but please let me know what you are working on so I can visit!!

Until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Love your little towels. I will check out those freebie patterns. Your new purchases with the gift certificate will keep you busy. And thanks for the reminder about Thimbleberries Day. I started my project last month but didn't get much done so am looking forward to another Thimlbleberries sewing day.

Darlene said...

Love, love, love your towels.

I just finished the Bunnies - it's so stinkin' cute (even if I say so myself - LOL)

I use Transfer Eze and the printable Solvy for almost everything. I've discovered that if I use a little dishwashing liquid and warm water everything rinses out perfectly.

Carol said...

Thanks Sandie, I just went there and downloaded them. They're cute designs and a good gift dea.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love Bird Brain designs - you have a good start on some Christmas gifts?

Karen said...

Which do you like better. The Transfer-Eze or the Solvy product?

I like both your towels. Different vegetable designs than you might expect.

Janet said...

I'm glad to hear you like the Transfer Eze. I've wondered about using the Fabri-Solvy. I haven't used either one and have wondered aboutthem. I have ordered from BB before. They have cute designs. The towels are very nice.

Unknown said...

I just bouht some Transfer Eze, can't wait to try it out. Love your towels.

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...