The August Le Petite pattern was Honeycomb by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Company. Back when I first discovered charm packs I got one pack of Eva by Basic Grey. I had no idea then that it would take 2 packs to make most projects. So with only one pack, I knew I could only make half of the pattern. Undeterred, I starting cutting and piecing. :-) When I had all the strips I could make assembled, my little lightbulb went off~ yeah, I really have one over my head, don't you? :-)
I decided a tote was in order for this pattern! LOL I put a zipper pocket in the front, and the cute little zipper pull is from my friend, Toni. It has a lot of inside pockets~ I love pockets! This is going to be my favorite tote until my DD comes home and sees it~ then I have a feeling there may be some bartering going on. ;-)
I am headed back to my sewing machine. Remember that Wednesday is Thimbleberries Sew Day~ will you join us this month?? :-)
Until then,
Happy Stitchin'!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
B-r-r-r-r
Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...
-
The saying 'time flies when you are having fun' certainly applies to my last year! Where have I been? Well, here there and everywhe...
-
~~ My Giveaway is now closed. Thank you for stopping by!!~~ Happy October! Today all over blogland~ at last count 143 blogs and 8 busi...
-
Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it is the end of August! Where have I been? Everywhere! But recently welcoming this cutie has been the hi...

16 comments:
Sandie,
What a great bag! I love pockets too-the more the better. I love how the mystery is looking so far, I anxiously await each step!
Aren't you the clever girl! I received one charm pack for christmas last year. I think it will become a bag!!
Oh...I so love it!!!
What a cleaver idea for your Honeycomb pattern. I changed mine up a bit making it a small table topper.
The bag is gorgeous. I love the pattern and fabrics are beautiful.
That is such a fabulous idea! (I might have to do something similar.)
Very pretty!
Wenesday, wednesday, hmmmm, wednesday - that could be a plan!!! Considering I have been wanting to get some of my Thimbleberry stuff off my to-do list, so, Wednesday??? Yup, I just should do it!!
And hide the tote from your daughter!! Then you won't loose it!!! ;-)
Nice bag. Where do you live? I need to get there before your daughter!
That is just beautiful. I love the fabrics and your design just works brilliantly.
That is just as cute as it can be!
The bag is absolutely wonderful.Well done!!
It looks wonderful and I know it will be put to good use.
Now that's a good use for a charm pack. I have ended up with some single packs too. They look pretty but not as useful as one might think unless you have a couple.
Very pretty bag! Such a clever idea!
I love it! Great idea! I did the same thing when I got my first few charm packs. Who knew?
Post a Comment