Thursday, July 28, 2011

Yesterday's Sew Day~~

...didn't quite go as planned, but I did get a lot of cutting done!  I'd almost forgotten about my sourdough starter in the refrigerator, so had to divide and start mixing on that before I could go near my machine. (Today I had to knead in more flour and it is now ready for the oven. Yum!  We just love fresh sourdough bread!!! ) Then I got to my machine, but decided I would rather have all the 'logs' cut and ready to go, instead of sewing to a strip and cutting apart. My strips were only 21 inches and I decided I could make the best use of them by cutting. (Carrie has that all figured out for you in the book, but I had to test it! lol) 

Logs cut..

Then I sewed on the HST part using Triangulations.  Next month I will be all ready to sit and sew! Whoohoo! :-) The day ended before I got much more done. :-/

HST's~ I've got them all cut apart since this photo :-)

 In other news~ the painters left about an hour ago. :-)) Double whoohoo!! :-)  I am so happy to have my house painted and the doors done! I will take a photo for you this weekend of my cottage. :-)  So the painting is done~ and you know what that means?!  It's giveaway time!  I have 4 more vintage sheet FQ's or these two wool patterns. Which would you like to win? Let me know and your name will go in that hat. :-)  I will draw on Sunday.

I am so sorry for the glare! Around the pumpkin and the squirrel there are autumn leaves.
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, following me, and the inspiration you give me!  :-)

Have a happy day!

10 comments:

sunny said...

It must feel great to have the painters gone! I'd like to win the sheets please.

Anonymous said...

Must comment...you mentioned sourdough bread!!! Yum!!!! I was so glad to see our painters go when we had them....I can relate!

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH! I would like to win the Fresh Sourdough Bread please...no???, well okay then, I'll just have to throw my hat in for the vintage sheeting. Thanks and Hugs...

Monica said...

I wish I had been able to sew yesterday... : ( ... but it was too darn hot in my house.

If you cannot send me cooler WA weather then I would love to have the wool patterns. Because as you know I don't have very many patterns...

You buyin' that?

Sandra said...

It is great that all the painting is finished and now you can enjoy it. My choice, if I am lucky enough to win, would be the vintage sheeting. Everyone needs a little more fabric!Ha!

Anonymous said...

I would love to win the sheeting. Don't find much in my area. Beautiful colors. Thanks for the chance

Needled Mom said...

We were in San Francisco over the weekend and had some of their delicious sourdough. We love it here too.

Ah...the joy of having the house back to yourself!!!!! Isn't it wonderful?

I would love the FQ set!

Kim said...

I haven't made sourdough bread in a long time. Hubby loves them. Wish I could have sewn last night. I still have some Thimbleberries kits to finish up.

pcflamingo said...

Oooh! The vintage sheet FQs please - so pretty! Thank you for the chance to win.

Cyndi said...

Hi Sandie! This is my first time visiting your blog, but it definitely won't be the last...I am your Swap Partner in Carol's Santa Sack swap! :o) I think you and I have a lot of things in common and I can't wait to read through your blog!

I'd love to be entered in your giveaway...and would love the sheets if I win. I, like yourself, collect them and just LOVE them! Thank you so much for the chance!

XOXO,

Cyndi

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...