I've been sewing! I'm doing a BOM with my friends on the HGTV message board and after a few 'false starts' :-) I've finally picked the fabrics I want to use and made my first 3 blocks. :-) I am going to have a Christmas quilt for my bed! Whoohoo! :-) Of course, it is an all year BOM, so the quilt construction part won't happen until next year... I sure hope I have enough fabrics! :-) I have put them in their own box, so I won't inadvertently use any for anything else. ;-) LOL Have you ever done that? It seems to be a common occurence around here. :-/The other photo is a 'play piece'. :-) I know, I should be working on my swaps, but it was an irresistable challenge! :-) I was talking with a friend about the 'tucks' quilts that Caryl Bryer Fallert made. Check her gallery. (She also had an article in Fons & Porter's magazine in the fall of 06 called High Tech Tucks.) Her directions started with a large bright-colored dyed background piece and we were wondering about using an actual scene for the background. As we were talking about how to do it, she finally said, 'well, when you figure it out, let me know'. :-)) A Challenge!! :-)) She was just kidding, but I couldn't get it out of my head. I had the pillow panel in my stashy, so I tried it~ :-) I know
DD will want to take it back to school with her... or she'll want me to try it with a dolphin fabric! LOL :-)
DD will want to take it back to school with her... or she'll want me to try it with a dolphin fabric! LOL :-)Ok, now I'll get back on track and get my swap blocks finished up! ;-)
Have a happy weekend and until next time~
Happy Stitchin'!!
1 comment:
I LOVE that parrot!!!!!! I have never heard of this "high tech tucks" but it looks really neat!!! Is it hard to do??
And I like your blks. I was going to do them, but decided not to. Your look great and now you are going to have your very own christmas quilt. Excellant. Have a great time sewing and I am glad you have come through that cold and are back at it!! Don't let it come back!!!!!
Post a Comment