Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Little Green Apples Hop~~

Have you been doing the hop?

Hoppin' around the blogs?  :-)

 I just love hops! They inspire me to try new things. And Carol @Just Let Me Quilt thought up this fun idea! Thank you Carol!!

This challenge was to make something green or with apples or both! I chose both! I found this very cute apple core pattern at Sassafras Lane Designs.

Shayla & Kristy have so many fun FREE patterns!  

I had to make it because my hubby is a green apple lover~ the sour ones! :-)

So I made this little mini to hang in our office.  I strayed from the pattern ever so slightly by adding the seeds, and making smaller borders. Now I think I may have to go back and make all the fruit blocks! (did you go look?!)  My fabrics for the core are a little light on the left~ I never realized I didn't own creamier neutrals!  I don't have a lot of greens either so I had to repeat a couple. It is all good! Like in nature, all apples aren't perfect! :-)

Be sure to visit my fellow bloggers today~ 

MARCH 23

Moosestash Quilting

Patchwork Breeze

Crazy'boutquilts

Selina Quilts

Samelia's Mum

Just Because Quilts

Scrapdash

That Fabric Feeling

 

Have fun!!

20 comments:

Danice G said...

Adorable little quilt. Sassafrass does have many cute free patterns.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Adorable mini! The seeds definitely finish it off perfectly.

Calicojoan said...

Your little green apple is just adorable. Perfect for this challenge! I had to go over and peek at Sassafras Lane Designs. It got me to thinking about a book I bought from them years ago...now where did I put that book? Thanks for making me think about another project I really want to work on. :-)

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Your apple core is darling! I hear you on different tones of neutrals, but I think you nailed it - it looks very realistic!

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Very cute! I love the different fabrics for the apple.

LJ said...

What a sweet (or green apple sour) quilt you've made. I love that you used green and apples for the hop. Your addition of the seeds was perfect.

KarlaB said...

Your mini quilt is super cute!

Sara said...

That's really adorable! The seeds are the perfect addition.

Carla said...

Super cute little green apple. Love it!

beaquilter said...

I LOVE sour apples too! especially if you can feel it in your ears (or really the back of your mouth!) good stuff!!

Carol Swift said...

This apple mini is adorable! I checked out the other fruits...so cute. Thanks for sharing your green apple today, Sandie!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great green apple, I like the addition of seeds! Thanks so much for sharing!

Charlene McCain said...

Darling little quilt! The added seeds made it so much cuter! Great idea!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Great minds think alike!! I made a whole apple project from a similar apple quilt block pattern. I love the core one that you made. I can actually imagine biting from a crisp apple just like that! It's so whimsical with the core, little apple seeds and granny smith is my husband's favorite too!! Too tart for me but then, I wouldn't turn down any apple slice if it's fresh. Your creamy center looks perfect against the white background so you pulled it off just fine. Enjoy looking at it and thanks for the clever half bitten apple in the photo...nice touch!!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Cute as a button, Sandie and it looks like it would be fast and fun to make. I love the addition of the seeds. I bet your hubby loves it.

Needled Mom said...

Very cute. I like the little changes you made.

Quilting Gail said...

Adorable hanging!!!

Sharon said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute apple quilt (and the seeds were a brilliant addition!)

Susan said...

That's the cutest little mini ever, and isn't hurt a bit by changes or fabrics you chose. Green apples are so good in pie and applesauce, especially. They aren't as sweet, which I like, and when you bite into them, they are crisp and crunchy and not mushy. Yes, you need a wall of fruit minis. =)

B-r-r-r-r

Who knew that having a Halloween Hop last week would bring the chilly weather?! We had rain, wind--- the power even went out for a few hours...